Postdoctoral Research Positions
The Higher School of Economics International Laboratory of Game Theory and Decision Making in St. Petersburg, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the fields of Game Theory, Computational Economics, and Discrete Mathematics.
The job involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Prof. Herve Moulin , lab’s academic supervisor,
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research in parallel with working on research projects of Game Theory and Decision Making lab in two broad areas:
o normative approach to fair distribution of resources (fair division, assignment, matching),
o algorithmic aspects of fair distribution,
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Lab,
- participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Lab’s development,
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community,
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
- a PhD from an international research university in such fields as: Economics, Theoretical Computer Science or Mathematics,
- a strong background in Game Theory, Microeconomics, Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical computer science,
- heavy emphasis on high quality research,
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English,
- relevant experience is an asset although not required.
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year. They assume internationally competitive compensation and other benefits including medical insurance.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly via online application form by March 15, 2017. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
HSE is a young, dynamic, fast-growing Russian research university providing unique research opportunities. For more information about HSE, please visit our university portal: Higher School of Economics, and the webpage of the Lab: International Laboratory of Game Theory and Decision Making, or contact the Lab’s manager Yulia Ibragimova via email@example.com .
International Faculty Recruitment website link
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!