The subject of Game Theory is central to the mathematical modeling of the economic situations of conflict and cooperation. The HSE’s Game Theory and Decision Making laboratory aims to develop new bridges between the models of non-cooperative behavior, and the normative concept of cooperation and fair division, in particular in their algorithmic and asymptotic dimensions.
Key areas of research:
- Mechanism design and developing new applications for specific resource allocation problems (cost and/or surplus-sharing).
- Defining new equilibrium concepts in cooperative game theory which analyzes the interaction of players forming and breaking alliances by public and/or secret agreements.
- Analyzing informational effects for dynamic games.
- Developing algorithmic game theory, poised to estimate the complexity of finding equilibrium outcomes.
- Investigating asymptotic properties of large games.
Date & time: September, 27 (Thursday), 14.30 - 16.00. Place: 3A Kantemirovskaya st., room 171
Topic: Fairness-efficiency tradeoff in online fair division
Speaker: Fedor Sandomirskiy (HSE - St.Petersburg)
We are glad to announce the International Conference on "Algorithmic Aspects of Social Choice and Auction Design" which will be held on August 09-10, 2018
International Laboratory of Game Theory and Decision Making invites you to take part in the research seminar by Anastas Tenev (Maastricht University, The Netherlands)
Time: 16.50 - 18.10
Place: 3A Kantemirovskaya st., room: 354
The first student contest in game theory has taken place at HSE. Organized by the HSE Group of Young Academic Professionals, it brought together 150 undergraduate and Master’s students from 17 Russian universities, as well as one high school student from Moscow.
Programs for young scientists at IIASA (Austria) were presented at the International Summer School "International Summer School "Fair Division: Between Economics, Mathematics and Computer Science".
Topic: Perfect Information Games Where Each Player Acts Only Once
Speaker: Arkadi Predtetchinski (Maastricht University), joint work with Kutay Cingiz, Janos Flesch and P. Jean-Jacques Herings
The workshop will take place at 3A Kantemirovskaya st., room 358 (3rd floor) at 16:50.